You want the Truth? You can’t handle the Truth! (best Jack Nicholson impression from A Few Good Men)
Just Kidding 🙂
Please know that as Doctors and Providers, especially at Blessed PT, we endeavor to provide the highest Quality of Care for you, Our valued Patient. Health Insurance Plans and Companies impose many Constraints and Restrictions whether by way of Fees and/or convoluted inefficient Processes and Procedures which affect us and you. It is important to understand this, so we can have a great working relationship and friendship.
Watch This Important PPO Video
The Games Insurance Companies Play
Former Aetna Medical Director Admits To Never Reviewing Medical Records
- “he never looked at patients’ records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.”
- “he was following Aetna’s training, in which nurses (NOT MD’s) reviewed records and made recommendations to him.”
BIG ADVANTAGES OF SELF-PAY
1. We are not restricted by the Insurance Company or any 3rd Party “Non-Medically-Licensed” person/organization on the Quality and Care we provide you.
2. Between Insurance Premiums, Co-Pays, Deductibles, Co-Insurance, the Cost of Care is likely LESS when you Self-Pay.
3. As a Provider, we can dedicate our time to your Quality Care, versus administrative costs like Paperwork, Billing, Insurance Collections etc.
4. Insurance cannot DENY your care. You get your Care when and where and how you want it.
What is a PPO Plan?
A PPO Plan means you have ‘Freedom of Choice’ to go to any Doctor of your choice.
In-Network & Out of Network Doctors
If you call your Insurance Company they will veer you towards a Doctor in their Network since it costs the Insurance Company less and increases their Profit (since they pay these Doctors a lower, contracted rate) versus a likely Excellent Doctor who may choose to stay out of the Network to provide their high quality of service.
You pay your Insurance Premium for your Choice of Doctor, and the Insurance has to let you use your benefits even if you go out of their Network.
Coverage and Benefits
Educate yourself on your Coverage and Benefits. As a Medical Provider, please know that we DO NOT decide what benefits and coverage you get, or how much your Co-Pay, Deductible, Co-Insurance and other amounts are. This is a pre-set part of the Insurance Plan you purchase, way before you come to us for treatment.
Explanation of Benefits
Learn to interpret the ‘Explanation of Benefits’ that you receive from your Insurance Company. Many times, it is formatted in a misleading way, to seem like your Provider overcharges or gets paid large amounts. The reality is that the Doctor only gets paid a contracted amount which is almost always much lower than what shows as the billed/normal amount.
PHYSICAL THERAPY TRUTHS
Physical Therapy Clinics to stay away from
- Medical Professionals other than Licensed Doctors of Physical Therapy who claim to offer “Physical Therapy”.
- Clinics that treat you only with Modalities like Hot Packs, Cold Packs and E-Stim, but do not do any hands-on Manual Therapy or treatment.
- Facilities that don’t offer 1 on 1 service or make you a passive recipient.
- Therapists who only give Massage Therapy without Exercise and Injury Prevention Education
Differences between Physical Therapy and other forms of Treatment
- Our Doctors of Physical Therapy have Bachelors, Masters and a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degrees along with Specializations in Orthopedic Manual Therapy.
- They typically have undergone Medical Training for approximately 8-10 years and have over 10-15 years of hands-on experience in an Outpatient Physical Therapy setting.
ML830 Cold Laser versus other Lasers
Providers who want you to utilize an alternative laser treatment protocol other than the ML830 Laser. There are multiple laser products that are on the market which may be ineffective or possibly harmful.